Twitter

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Least and Most Favorite Mommy Duties

Although there are plenty of responsibilities as a new mom that aren't exactly fun. Things like all the extra laundry or changing diapers, most of these don't really bother me that much. The two things that are my least favorite are changing crib sheets and cutting baby nails. I know that sounds weird but changing crib sheet is all the worse parts of changing the fitted shits on my bed plus all those pesky bars. And with two babies I have to play musical cribs, movin babies back and forth. And those baby nails are so tiny and they grow so fast and I'm constantly afraid of hurting their poor little fingers.


Enough of the negative. Of course some of the best things are the ones hear about all the time, cuddling and playing. But some of my favorite jobs are also some of the most challenging. That's probably what makes them the most rewarding. This is how I feel about breastfeeding and solid food feedings. There were times in the early days of breastfeeding the girls that I was so tired I couldn't think straight or see straight. But there are wonderful moments when I look down at both of girls feeding and cuddled up next to me and moments after they finish when I they have the biggest smiles I've ever seen that make it so worth it. (Before I get too long winded I'll stop and share more on breastfeeding in another post.) Finally, solid feedings. I've been making food for the girls, so it's a bit more work -- mostly more dishes. But it is so much fun, I get to carefully plan out their introduction to so many foods and come up with an infinite number of combinations. (This another topic I could go on and on about, so I'll save it for later.) Not to mention there is nothing cuter than a baby with food all over her face.

If your parent who comes across this, I'd love to hear about your most and least favorites. And I'll try to remember to update my list as the girls get older.




0 comments:

 
Geeky Yuppie Hippie Mom © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você